Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sewing and quilting

I figured I could use my "Full House" pillow as a practice piece, so I loaded it up on the longarm frame and tried to practice on some quilting with rulers, and also on the background filler called McTavishing. Haven't finished the pillow yet, but hope to be able to figure out how to finish this piece soon. 
When I started cutting into the fatquartes of Ruby, the fabric line I used for the "Full House" quilt, I also cut several strips 2,5" wide.  I have a pattern of a quilt I really like called "Ruffles", and making this quilt has been on my mind a while. Since the strips where already precut, it was easy peasy to cut alle the pieces I needed to make the blocks for this quilt. 
I've been piecing the blocks together in rows now, and I like it a lot!
It's not colors that I usually use, but they are so fresh, and they give me Summer feelings :o)
Hard to get clear and bright photos inside when it's dark, but you can see how the blocks looks like:
I will be using a pantograph pattern for this quilt, so it will not take so much time to finish it...I hope...
I just want to practice more on my longarm machine, and the custom quilting is really time consuming. This is a quilt that doesn't need all the details of custom quilting since the fabrics are pretty "busy", I think.

I'm feeling a lot better, it seems like the stomach bugs went to bother someone else... Finally!!!

Wish you all a great and creative new week,

Happy sewing 
Laila

4 comments:

LeKaQuilt said...

Godt å høre at du er på bedringen vei. Det nye Ruby prosjektet ditt blir flott !

2ne said...

Lekker quilting på teppet :-)

Teaquilts said...

Popped into you blog by searching for Rouge River Log Cabin as I just started one. I browed around for a bit and wanted you to know I appreciate you taking the time to share your projects. I enjoy the show and your quilting is awsome.

Michele said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your McTavishing is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin