Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Long time, no see...

It's been so long between my blog posts, and one of the reasons is that my two youngest boys are using my laptop. There has been so many rainy days between a few sunny ones, so they've spend a lot of time playing with friends online...

I don't mind some rainy days, that means sewing time for me :o) With no bad feelings about it either ;o)
I am trying to finish stuff I've already started, but I also started a new project. I just had to play with some of the fabrics Sølvi gave me to take home, when I was at her place earlier this summer. It's fabrics for the charity quilts. I started cutting some pieces late Sunday, and yesterday and today I finished piecing some of it. It's not a big quilt, but it's a pretty happy one :o) Look forward to quilting it. I need a fabric for the border(s) too, and I think I have something in my stash that will fit.


Tomorrow I am heading down to Quiltegården to buy a new cutting mat. I really destroyed mine, when I was having my laptop on top of it the other day, and the laptop gets quite hot, so the cutting mat looks like it's got waves....:o( Take my tip: Do NOT keep your laptop on your cutting mat!
Whish you all a creative day :o)




7 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

It's very cute -- I'm working on one using the same block (I called it Boxed Squares) for my son but I keep setting it aside.

Julie said...

Cute quilt and ooops on the cutting mat.

Nina In Norway said...

Yummy. Love rainy days, and your quilt.

LeKaQuilt said...

Det blir en flott quilt. Det er koseligt med en og annen regnværsdag på syrommet :o)

Merete said...

Quilten er riktig så fargerik og flott!

Sølvis blog said...

Den der ble jo riktig så flott.

Darcie said...

Oooh! The perfect fabric and project for rainy days. ;-)

Hugs hugs hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin