Saturday, February 9, 2013

A finish and some quilting

Haven't joined Blog land for a while (again...) but been doing some progress in my sewing room the last days. I finally finished my "Pie in the sky" quilt last night, and I am pleased with how it turned out.
Not easy to get a good photo of this huge quilt, but with hubby on a chair holding it, this is how it looks like. I'm looking forward to get to quilt this one. I will finish the quilt by the end of February. I bought the backing for it a while ago.

A while ago I quilted a few tops for some other ladies. 
A red with "Popcorn" pantograph and a blue one with "Ebb & Flow" pantograph. They both turned out great!

I also basted a quilt, and this one will be hand quilted by it't owner.

A blue and green quilt, used "Popcorn" pantograph on this one too, and it turned out great with the green thread.

All three ladies where pleased with the quilting, and I leave it up to them to show the whole quilts when they are finished adding the binding. I'll ask for photos when they are done :-)

It's so cold here today, -21 degrees, so I think I'll be spending some time cleaning up my sewing room today. After finishing a huge project like the "Pie in the sky", it really needs some serious cleaning up! But then it's so nice to sit down working on the next project. I have a few smaller things i have been planning to finish, and hope to do so during the weekend. 

Wish you all a great weekend, 
Laila




4 comments:

Deb said...

just love your pie in the sky it is a fun quilt to make and great to use up some ugly fabrics if you got them (or if there is such a thing)
Your values are perfect! can`t wait to see how you quilt it.

Cattinka said...

Hello Laila,
the pie in the sky is a beautiful quilt. I am happy you found your sewing mojo again, you make such beautiful quilts.
KATRIN W.

Satu said...

Oh, I can only say, that my wait was rewarded... Pie in the Sky is stunning!

2ne said...

Love your work - quite a lot of work on it :-)
Quilthug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin