Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kitchen sink is finished!

The WISP/UFO I decided to finish first this year was the "Pie in the sky" quilt, but I decided to finish my "Kitchen Sink" quilt instead. The only thing that was missing on this one, was the two borders. I've been working on them the last days, and tonight the quilt was finished. I was so unsure if the border fabric would turn out ok, but I like it. I made my version a bit larger than the one in the pattern. The pattern is from the book "Scrap-basket Surprises" by Kim Brackett

I used different background fabrics and tried to make each block with different fabrics. I love how this quilt turned out. This is one of my favorite quilts so far.

I have one problem, I can't decide if I should quilt it using a pantograph/overall pattern, or if I should do some custom quilting on it. I know I would use the great border Kathy did teach me, which I used on the "Berries and bluebirds" quilt. But not sure how to quilt the rest of the quilt. Would appreciate suggestions! 
The border is 5,5 inches wide when the binding is added, so the pattern I've got on my mind it's perfect for the border. Kathy made a great tutorial for this on her blog, so go visit her blog to see how :-)

I'm looking forward to enjoy some more sewing and maybe some quilting this weekend, but I also hope to get my butt outdoors to have a nice walk and take some photos. It's been so cold over here for a while, but hope the temperatures tomorrow will be a bit closer to zero than it has been lately :-) The nice thing about the cold weather is that the sun is shining, and some awesome sunrises and sunsets appear. I could not resist trying to capture the sunset this evening. So beautiful!


Wish you all a great weekend!
Happy sewing,
Laila






15 comments:

julieQ said...

What a very pretty scrappy quilt! My favorite too!

Nicky said...

This is a stunning quilt Laila, congratulations on a lovely finish!

Kathy Schwartz said...

Which ever you pick, panto or custom, it will look great! It does have custom potential with the triangles along the inner border and a dense background fill would make the dark fabric pop! Yes the curved border design well look fabulous and thanks for sharing my blog link. :)

May Britt said...

Beautiful!!!

Hanne-Kristine said...

Rett og seltt NYDELIG Laila ;)
og Godt Nytt år klem hk

Elin said...

Gratulerer! Dette blei heilt nydeleg!

LeKaQuilt said...

Nydelig! Liker at du har hatt på litt ramme..... Og stoffet er vakkert. Enda ett nydelig teppe fra Laila's univers :o) Ha en riktig fin lørdag. Klem

Елена 1000рукоделок said...

Very, very impressive! Brilliant work!

Michele said...

I have always loved this pattern and yours is beautiful! It looks great with the different background fabrics :-)

Satu said...

Well done, Laila! The border fabric suits well with the other fabrics. And I really like the scrappiness of the top!!!

Cattinka said...

This is a very beautiful scrappy quilt. I can´t give you any advice to the quilting, but so far, I liked every quilt you quilted, you always made it look better with your quilting on it.
KATRIN W.

MyCretanlife said...

Beautiful. I like the pattern you chose.

Kim Brackett said...

What a beauty! You did a fabulous job putting all those scraps together. And your piecing is so perfect. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

Narelle said...

Wow ... amazing quilt!
I love the design :)

Unknown said...

wonderful kitchens offers an exclusive custom made, individually built designer kitchen to suit your style, design, and budget.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin