Sunday, January 24, 2010
My first finish this year, and an award :o)
This have been a nice weekend. While the kids and Hubby went to have some fun with their snowboard yesterday, I had my sister in law and my niece over for a visit, and a we did some sewing. It's nice to spend some time together like this for us girls :o) My niece is turning 11 yrs next month, and she is working on a little stitchery. She does a great job! Later last night I got to finish the quilting on my "Purple love", and I also attached the bindig! I started the hand stitching on the binding by hand today, and I guess I'll finish the quilt in a few days :o) Whoo whoo! I'm finally going to have my own quilt soon!
We went to eat dinner at my parents place today, and didn't get home until around eight o'clock. Mum and dad made turkey with potatoes and vegetables, and it was soooo good! Yummy! When we got home I started cutting the pieces for a pincushion I've seen over at Polka Dot Pineapple's blog. She makes so many great turtorials, and they are just amazing, and sweet! I didn't follow the pattern all the way, but I got to finish the pincussion in just a couple of hours! Nice! I made it for my mum, just because :o)
This is my first finish this year, so I have at least one finish for OPAM this month ;o) Hope the quilt will be the second. So I better hurry back to some hand stitching before it's time to check up on those bed bugs soon.
I got this nice award from Trollmors hobbykrok on Friday, and it made me both happy and honored :o) Thank you Trollmor :o)
This means I'll have to tell 7 things about myself, and give it to seven others.
1. I just love quilting and patchwork
2. I am working as a secretary at a Health care senter, and I really like my job
3. I love spending time with my family and friends
4. I dream about having a long arm quilting maschine some day, either a Bernina 820, or maybe a Lenni... That would be so nice!
5. I am not too good finishing what I've started, but I'm trying to get better
6. I love to spend the evenings at home, and when the kids and Hubby are busy doing their stuff, I sneak into my sewing room to enjoy some sewing
7. It makes me happy when people around me cherish what I do for them, even the smalles things :o)
I would love to give this award to these 7 bloggers, and I would like to thank them for inspiration and for being a creative source to mee :