Sunday, October 16, 2011

Progress on "Mill Girls"

Hubby and the two youngest spent the weekend at my in-law's, and I've enjoyed being  able to spend a lot of time in my sewing room. It's nice to be "home alone" now and then, and be able to do a lot of stuff without thinking about meals at the right hour, housework and so on... Just charging the batteries and do whatever I like to. But it was sooo good to have them back tonight. I don't need more than a weekend "off".


I finished the block #8 for the "Mill Girls" quilt before I headed to bed late last night. I like the result, and hope to finish the 20 blocks soon.


I made one mistake though... can you see it? I guess I was staying up too late last night ;o) I'll correct the mistake when I continue working on the rest of the blocks, but I will have a little break a few days. Need to practice some longarm quilting, and I hope to do some progress on my oldest son's quilt next week and finish the quilting on more charity quilts.
We're not supposed to do a fast progress on the "Mill Girls" quilt, so I'll put the blocks away for a few days without feeling guilty.


Haven't been sewing at all today, but I've done some housework and laundry beside doing a little knitting. I'm making a shawl using a free pattern by DROPS. I haven't taken any photo of it, but you can find the free pattern here: 


Norwegian: Garnstudio.com
American: Garnstudio.com


Wish all of you a great new week, 
Laila

10 comments:

Anne-Grethe said...

Nydelige farger - dette blir lekkert! Gleder meg til å se det ferdig.

Britt Helen said...

Åhhh, dette blir nydelig!! Spennende å se det ferdig :) Go go go....snart halvveis allerede ;)

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Dine blokke er bare super flotte. Den lille smutter findes på blok nr.2 fra neden i højre side. Og i den højre side af blokken, hvor en del af blokken skal drejes en kvart omgang.
Du kan også bare tænke - der skal være EN fejl på et tæppe ;-)).
Ha' en god uge.
Klem
Anne-MEtte

Anne Ida said...

Blokkene dine er så fiiiiine! Som sagt liker jeg så godt stoffene du har plukket - dette teppet kommer til å ha en ro over seg. Og du har kommet så langt at en pause kan være på sin plass og gi oss andre en sjanse til å henge med i svingene ;-) Ha en flott og kreativ uke!

LeKaQuilt said...

Så nydelige blokkene dine er! Du er så flink med stoffer og farger :o)

Sølvis blog said...

Nydelig - gleder meg til jeg kan starte

Bodil said...

Det blir kjempefint, gleder meg til å se fortsettelsen!

Mobaat said...

Så nydelig det er, flotte duse farger.

Cattinka said...

I was just about to say that you need your seam ripper, but you had already noticed. This quilt is coming along well and it will be very pretty.
Hope you can have aother nice sewing day soon!
KATRIN W.

Sandra's Scribbles said...

Hi Laila, just catching up with my blog reading. I love your blocks they look great, would have loved to have joined in on this one but have just started Gail's new Song of Christmas. I love it. bfn
Sandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin