Sunday, November 7, 2010

A great weekend :o)

I've had a really great weekend, spending most of the time in my sewing room. Whoowhoo! And I've got a couple of finishes too!!!
I started to make a little toiletry purse on Friday, and it was finished before the evening was over :o) I found a tutorial on this one a while ago on Sissel's blog, and I just had to use my newest fabrics, the London cats. Sooo cute!


I made three similar tops last year, with purple and black fabrics, but never got to finish them. They where ment to become Advent table runners, but Christmas came and I just put them in one of my UFO/WISP bins. Got to quilt two of them this weekend, and made the appliquè and attached binding on to both of them. I finished sewing the binding by hand on one of them, and hope to finish the other one tomorrow. I've made this table runner several times now, I think I made three last year too, but I don't get bored of this pattern. I love these Advent colors, with some silver ric racs and laces :o)

I've been teaching a class at Quiltegården about some of the techniques I used in my Japaneese wallhanging, and last Thursday we had evening nr.2. I can assure you I was really speachless when the ladies had made such progress during the two weeks since the first class night. Some of them had put the pedal to the metal, and finished the top for the quilt, so I could teach them to make the stems on the outher border. Some of the ladies where working on their flower blocks, and they where all so gorgeous! So many different colors, but so beautiful every one of them! I really hope to get to see all of the quilts finished one day. Mine is not finished yet, I still have a lot of hand quilting to do. But I try to do a thread or three, now and then ;o)
With my messy mind I forgot my camera at home (AGAIN!!!), but I asked Hanne-Kristine to shoot some photos, and you can see LOTS of pictures from the class at her blog.
Thanks, Hanne-Kristine :o)

I had a great weekend, even if it came a LOT of snow during the weekend. It's looking like Winter Wonderland outside, and I hope it will look like this when Christmas comes :o) I love a white Christmas. So cozy!
Today I made a lot of cinnamon buns, like I promised the kids, so I got to something nice for others too this weekend ;o)

Wish you all a great new and creative week!



3 comments:

Sølvis blog said...

Så fine ting du har fått ferdig. Ja er det ikek moro å finne noe i ufo-haugen som det ikek tar alt for lang tid å gjøre ferdig. Her ble det to par grytelapper, den grå mangla jeg stoffer til,og den brune er alt for diger til å bli ferdig på ei helg. Men det skal bli godt å finne den igjen neste gang jeg kommer på hytta.

annemariesquilt said...

Kjempeflott løper og toalettpung. Hmm jeg må kanskje gå til Sissels blogg og lære litt jeg også ;-)

Cattinka said...

Hello Laila,
I looked at the pictures of your class and you seem to be a nice group, all the ladies seem to have so much fun, I bet you are a great teacher!
KATRIN W.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin