Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer holidays













It has been so long since the last time i joined "blogland", so I guess it's about time....
We have been having some lazy days, and just enjoying having some days off.
We haven't had the best summer temperatures, and it has been raining a lot between the few days with nice and sunny weather.
We have been having some trips to a place somewhere not so far away from where I grew up, and we had some cozy days fishing. We got some fish, too:-) It was so fun! Me and my family went there with my parents,my brother and his son.The fish didn't bite before late in the evening, so we did not get home from our trips before long past midnight:-) The kids thought it was a bit fun to be in the forest at night, I think:-) It was so nice to sit there by the fire and have some quality time with our family! We plan to do several more trips when when the weather gets better.

Since it has been so many rainy days, I have been spending a lot of time with my sewing machine. I got to so much process on several projects.
I am soon done with the main part of my scrap-quilt "My Blue Heaven". Just cannot figure out how huge I want it yet.... But I really love it! I did really get some stashbusting done here:-)

I also finished my hexagon quilt. I am not sure what border to put on, and least but not last: what pattern will look good on it when I start quilting it..... Any suggestions??? I would really love to have some:-)










I did also get to start on a quilt with red and neutrals. I'll put out some pictures when I'm getting some of the blocks done. I did find a free pattern at Judy Laquidara's homepage
It's called "Catch a spinning star". It's a block that's easy to use with several different colors, even scraps! I did buy two red fabrics for it when I went down at Quiltegården.
The rest will be from my stash.
By the way:
Debbie is haveing a giveaway. Leave a comment on her blog and join:-)


6 comments:

Lise in Norway said...

Your blue heaven is gorgeous Linda and your hexagon looks really great

Elin said...

This is an amazing blog I've visited for the first time today! So many nice projects! Would like to learn how you got the idea about the all white quilt, this is just stunning...

debbie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :o)

Darcie said...

Are those pics of your twins?! Handsome guys! You did know that I have twin daughters that just turned sweet 16?

Unknown said...

Hei på deg det er en overraskelse i min blogg til deg...

Gudveig HN said...

Takk for hilsen! Ser at du går helt etter mønsteret - det gjorde ikke jeg...tok en liten "snarvei"...Det fineste blir nok slik som originalen. Gleder meg til å se ditt ferdig!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin