Monday, October 31, 2016

Stashbusting!

I've been sewing a lot this weekend, and I'm so happy to be back in my sewing room after a long break! Got so many UFO's to finish, but when I got my copy of the Scrappy Project Planner by Lori Holt last week I just decided to start a new quilt called "Fatquarter Flirt Quilt". The pattern is in the Scrappy Project planner, and I cut all the pieces for the quilt on Friday so I could just focus on sewing this weekend ;-)


 I have almost three rows finished for the quilt, and I love how it turns out! I'm making two blocks at a time, and the quilt grows pretty fast :o) This is great for some serious stashbusting, and I think I've cut about 30 fatquarters for this quilt and throwing in some scraps it will look so great!

 Can't wait to join the rows and quilt this one! I will use a panto pattern for it, but haven't decided which one yet.

 I have been focusing on hiking as often as possible and always have my camera with me. The Autumn is my favorite season, just lover the colors and frosty mornings. I also love how the sunrises looks at this time of the year, so lovely colors!
This is my view from a few days ago. Just before the sun comes up behind the hill. Just awesome!

I'm hoping to be spending more time sewing from now on, and since the energy slowly comes back after feeling like a train wreck for a year I hope to be back to a normal and do more creative stuff during the long winter ahead. Have a lot of plans, and making a few Christmas gifts are one of them. I hope to at least be able to make a few, so keeping my fingers crossed this will be a productive winter :-)

Happy sewing!
Laila

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely bright colours.... I love being out walking for sunrise....

Unknown said...

Feel the same Laura ❤️️

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin