Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Finally back in Blog land again!

I can't describe how happy I am to be back in Blog land again, and to be back in my sewing room enjoying some sewing! I got my Bernina back from the sewing machine doctor today! I had to send it back to the shop where I bought it to have the CPU replaced. 

 Earlier today I did some clean up and dust busting in my sewing room (it's been used as a storage for weeks...), so now my working space is in order and I can continue working on my projects again.

 Decided to continue working on the Modern Mugs quilt, and got to finish three more blocks. The pieces where already cut, so it didn't take long to do some progress.

Suzu was super happy to finally be back in the sewing room again, and she found her quilt on the longarm frame in a couple of minutes, and fell alsleep like she usually do :oD 

 The past months has been a struggle for me, and my health issues just kept growing. I finally figured out "the cold" I have been dealing with, and it turned out to be something else... The doctors figured out that I have COPD(kols) and emphysema, and I'm still waiting for the results for the other tests they did when I was on the hospital a little while ago to see if there is an inflammation on top of that :-( That's a really slap in the face, but I am so glad the inhalators I use helps me at least breathe well enough to go hiking again. Not being able to walk the stairs up to my sewing room without feeling like I've been running  was no fun...
I also had a set back with the autoimmune illness, so I had to go back to high doses of cortizone again. The side effects have made me very home bound, but I hope to be able to go out more and meet up with friends and go to the quilt guild meetings again. I'm not able to go back to work again, so I just try to do the things that make me happy, and to do what I can to keep my mood up even if some days are crappy.

I have been knitting a lot the last months, but I have also been playing a lot with photography. It's been a while since I was using my digital camera, but I recently bought a mirrorless camera (Panasonic lumix GX8) which is a smaller camera than my Nikon d3000.
I have lots to learn about it, but it has more stabilization (both in camera and lens) so even if my hands are shaky I can still get sharp photos :-)
I'm also trying to learn editing photos in Lightroom, even if my teflon brain is not so fast working. LOL!



Spring finally came to Trondheim, and I am looking forward to spend time outdoors and maybe this year I will be able to grow flowers in my garden to enjoy when the weather is good.

Hugs,
Laila

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your machine is back and working...........
hope your health settles and improves very quickly..........take care

Lori S said...

Glad to see a post from you! Hope you can get your health issues stabilized so you can get back to doing everything you love!

Linda said...

You have a lovely sewing machine and your photos are beautiful! Suzu looks just like my Romeo! (he is 3 years old, black and white with green eyes). :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin