Monday, June 30, 2008

Festfin frøken


Finally I got the table runner for the wedding ready on Friday, and on Saturday we went to the wedding, to celebrate our friends big day. It was such a lovely ceremony in the church, and the rest of the day where such a beautiful event. The bride, my best friend, was like taken from a fairytale, she was just so beautiful!! The weather was fine, too:-)



The original table runner is called "Festfin frøken", and is from the book called "Quiltegleder", by Rie Norum and Hilde Krogh. I did some changes on it, and made it a bit smaller than the original.
I made the circles by hand, and quilted it with some simple lines, and a border at the end. Since I did not quilt in the middle of the circles, I did sew a button in the middle with some multicolored DMC thread in greys. I really like the result myself:-)
All of the fabrics are from my stash, so still stashbusting:-)

5 comments:

Inger said...

Dette ble en nydelig løper. Den har du grunn til å være stolt av.

May Britt said...

Great tablerunner. I plan to make something from this book too..........very soon LOL
And this cirkles are one of my favorite projects from the book.

PS Thank you for the lovely surprise in mail. LOVE IT!!!!

Sølvis blog said...

Løperen ble nydelig. Flott bryllupsgave

Darcie said...

That is a lovely gift, Laila! The couple will cherish it for years and years!

Sølvis blog said...

LØperen din ble nydelig, og så godt avstemte farver. Flott quilting også forresten.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin