Monday, January 16, 2017

Sweetie Pie quilt in the making

 I've been working on the blocks I need for my "Farm Girl Vintage" quilt for a while, but I've also been cutting, sewing and ironing a lot of "pie slices" for a new quilt designed by Lori Holt. The Sew Along for this quilt started today, but the pattern and details for the cutting was released a few days ago, so I had my slices finished and ready to make some "pies" tonight.

210 "pie slices" looks just so delicate, don't you agree? I just love these fabrics, the colors just makes me happy :)

Sorted in pairs so chain piecing is piece of cake :)

 Managed to finish three "pies" tonight, and hope to finish all of them during the week so I can work on step 2. Trying to make each of them different than the other is a challenge, but so far so good!

If you want to join the Sew Along you can visit Lori Holt's blog and read all about it :) I look forward to work on this quilt, and the bonus projects Lori is going to share. 

It's been a lot of snow over here the last days, and I have been out with my camera hiking again. Some lovely scenes in the forest when the trees are covered with snow! Still learning how to shoot motifs in the bright snow, but at least it gets me out of the house and charging my batteries :)

Happy Sewing,
Laila








5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good ❤❤❤❤

Cattinka said...

Nice project, I like both the new one and the Farmgirl Vintage!
KATRIN W.

Michele said...

That is going to be so pretty when it is finished.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely blocks......

Unknown said...

Really nice post about "Sweetie Pie quilt in the making"

100% Accurate Commodity Tips

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin