Saturday, January 21, 2017

New table runner and progress on the "Sweetie Pie" sew along

I decided to use some of the 2,5" scraps from the fabrics I used for the "Sweetie Pie" blocks and turned them into a table runner. I used a fatquarter of the white with cherries on between the ones with happy colours. I love to do simple cross hatching on table runners using white Auriful cottong thread.


 I love how the cross hatching looks, and this also makes the quilts/table runners easy to wash and make them stay in shape so I don't need to blocking afterwards.

 I used a light gingham fabric for the binding, and love how it turned out:)

This is my scrappy table runner finished:)

My sewing room floor looks like a garden of flowers these days. Layout time for my pie blocks, trying to make them all look a little bit different than each other, so I can spread the colours/different fabrics even. 

 I've prepped two blocks and started sewing the pies to the background fabrics by hand. I love doing needleturn appliquè. Look forward to start making the center blocks in the next days, but I haven't made up my mind about using the solid fabrics or if I want to use the Sew Cherry2 fabrics. Guess I'll just make one block to see how it looks with the Sew Cherry2 fabrics before I make up my mind :)

Happy sewing,
Laila

7 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Supersøt løper :-) Og ser ut som du har gjort skikkelig fremgang på Sweetie Pie - den kommer til å bli kjempefin!
Ønsker deg en riktig fin søndag :-)

brigitta seinen said...

Hello I come to Trondheim 12 and 13 februari. Do you know if there is a quilt shop in Trondheim I like to go there if it is open. Greetings Brigitta www.momentjevangeluk.blogspot.nl

donna said...

Your table runner turned out sew cute. Love seeing your dresden's. I am a little slow in making mine lol!
Hugs
donna

Unknown said...


www.ideastohome.com
Ideas to Home
Buy Furniture Online
Buy Desk And Hutch
Buy American Furniture

المثالية للتنظيف said...



شركة تنظيف منازل بالاحساء

Unknown said...

Nice and awesome post about "New table runner and progress on the "Sweetie Pie" sew along"

Base Metal Tips Free Trial
Commodity Tips

cocoya said...

Your table runner turned out sew cute. Love seeing your dresden's. I am a little slow in making mine lol!
RoyalRuby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin