Thursday, October 15, 2015

A little bit of quilting and sewing

This evening I went hiking with Hubby and my SIL. We almost live in the forest, and we try to go hiking as often as possible. Lately we've been occupied with more renovations at our place and haven't taken the time, so it was great to spend time in the lovely Autumn weather on the gorgeous trails almost right outside out front door. This season is just so great even if it is getting colder every day. So many lovely Autumn colors! 

A week ago I finished quilting a lovely quilt made by a lady in my local quilt guild. I have said "no" to quilt for others in such a long time, but since I missed quilting on my longarm and really needed some practicing I said "yes" to this one.  

I had lots of fun quilting this quilt, a design by Gail Pan and made by Hege.  Here are some close ups from the progress:
I'm so glad she liked what I did on her quilt, and I must admit I had fun too :o) 
It was great to be playing with the longarm again! I finished quilting just in time for the October quilt guild meeting.

My local quilt guild had the talented AnnAKa for a visit to talk about her life as a designer, and she makes the most gorgeous designs. She is the most known designer here in Norway, and I've attended several classes of her at Quiltegården, my local quilt shop. 



I've made some progress on the blocks for the Farmers Wife 1930's QAL. This is the tree first blocks for my quilt. I have made two more, but forgot to take a photo of them I will share pics in my next blog post.  

Happy sewing,
Laila

1 comment:

Cattinka said...

You should quilt for others more often, you really do a great job.
KATRIN W.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin