Thursday, June 11, 2015

Saturday class with Brenda Riddle

I attended Brenda Riddle's class at Quiltegården last Saturday. She was teaching us about the lovely quilt of hers called "Star of Wonder". 
 I forgot to take a photo of the whole quilt, but you can see how the blocs looks. Love the scrappy look of the quilt!

This is my block from the class. A really fun and lovely block. So great for favorite scraps!

Brenda brought several of her lovely quilts, and they where on display for us to get a closer look, and they all where just so gorgeous!

This is the quilt shop owner, Siw. Just had to capture a photo of her in front of Brenda's beautiful quilts :o)

I have a soft spot for small quilts, miniature style... The one in the left upper corner was the one I fell in love with.... So of course the pattern came home with me :-)

Of course a photo of our teacher and myself :o) Brenda was a lovely lady, and I love her thoughts about how an acorn can grow to a huge oak tree.... Think we all need to remember that once in a while. 

This is a collage with the quilt made by Brenda, and my first three blocks. Love them!
I've finished all the blocks, and about to piece them all together. Hope to show you a finished quilt soon. I'm looking forward to play a little with the longarm when the top is together.

Happy sewing and quilting,
Laila


3 comments:

Kathy Schwartz said...

Those are all beautiful quilts and that is a lovely picture of you and Brenda!

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt is going to be beautiful..........so soft and pretty.........glad you enjoyed your class..........

Unknown said...

Lovely quilts! I have to make something like that! Soft lovely colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin