Monday, April 6, 2015

Some quilting, sewing and knitting

During the Easter Holidays I was home alone for a few days. I spent some hours in my sewing room, and enjoyed some quilting too :o)
I loaded up the "Leavez" quilt and started the quilting. Some piano keys in the sashing, swirls with pearls in the outer border, and some McTavishing in the blue backgrounds behind the leaves. I haven't finished it, so it's still in progress. It's hard to see the quilting while I am working, so need to do the McTavishing with the lights off and I quilt only when it's daylight.

I also made a new toiletry bag/purse made from scraps. To be honest I miscalculated when I cut out the pieces for the lining, so it ended up with the stripes the opposite way, but I think it looks great anyway :o) I just love the Tula Pink fabrics, and I save every scrap piece I have large enough to make something of.


I have also made progress on a sweater I started knitting. It's a pattern from Garnstudio called Diamond rose. I bought this lovely yarn called Lima a while ago, and I just love to knit with it. With larger needles than I've used on my previous projects, this was superfast to make! Soon finished the arms so I can join the whole thing and finish up :oD


Wish you all a great new and creative week :-)
Laila

2 comments:

bodilshobby.blogg.no said...

Deilig med litt håndarbeidstid i påska :)

merete said...

Fargene i quilten var skikkelig spreke!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin