Saturday, March 7, 2015

Working on a UFO today

I have spent a few hours during the day in my sewing room. I have pieced some more blocks for my scrappy spool quilt, and I am glad I decided to add a few red and yellow blocks, and some pink ones too. I haven't decided to add a border or not yet. I might end up with no border since I love how it is looking, but you'll never know ;o)

I have been playing with the blocs and pieced some of them together. I will rearrange some of them when I get more blocs finished.
Some of these fabrics are from the first year I started on my adventure in the patchwork world. Lots of memories in these blocks. Some of these are from the pile of fabrics I have for "the special" project, but I have stopped saving the beauties. If I never use them, I will end up with a stash that are there just to pet... and I always find new favorites, so I use them all. 
I know I'm not the only one who saves special fabrics, but if we don't use them we'll never  see how pretty they are in a quilt :o)

Hope you are having a great Saturday!




2 comments:

Michele said...

They looks good and I think the addition of the new colors works well.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you !!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin