Sunday, January 18, 2015

Lovely Sunday

I've had the darn migraine for almost two weeks in a row, but late last night it finally felt better. Woke up today without much of a headache, and I could finally spend some time in my sewing room. I was not alone, since the two furballs kept me company as always. Looks like the cats are more happy about spending time in the sewing room than me :oD

I have been practising some longarm machine quilting today, and I am soooo out of practise. Have a lot of catching up to do!!! But slowly I will get back on track again... I hope! 

                                             

While Nano, the furball, had a nap on the practise piece (I would NEVER let her do that on a real quilt!!!!) I started cutting some fabrics for a quilt I've wanted to make for a while. I bought the book by Buggy Barn early in 2014, and the Star Band is the favorite in this book. I don't have any BB fabrics for this quilt, so I am using a lot of japanese fabrics from my stash. I guess I'll be stashbusting a lot while making this one!

I'm determined to not buy any fabrics unless I really need to this year. I guess the only ones I will need is backings for the finished quilts. I have too much fabrics, and I almost feel bad about having this much and not using it.... Anyone else feels the same?

I have at least three quilts I have planned to make, but will finish some of the ones I've already started between working on new projects. I still have some knitting projects to finish too, so I will do whatever works for me :o)

Wish you all a great new and creative week!
Hugs,
Laila




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin