Monday, December 1, 2014

Knitting projects and new books

This weekend I got to clean up a lot of the mess in my sewing room. Most of the stuff is out of the boxes, and I am trying to sort things and declutter a little bit too. 

I was going to pick fabrics to join Bonnie Hunters new mystery GRAND ILLUSION, but didn't get time to do that. But I will try to figure out what fabrics to use during this week or so. I will try to join even if I am going to be behind on the clues that will come. I need to finish up a lot of Christmas presents, so I will be able to do some sewing after Christmas :o) 
Still need to set up my quilting machine, but since I'm not able to play with it now anyway, I guess it will take a while before it will be set up.
Are you joining the mystery by Bonnie too?

I just bought three of Bonnie Hunters books, and I can feel my sewing mojo is doing the happy dance :o) I found one favorite quilt, and I am so excited to start on it soon!

DS2's girlfriend had her birthday the other day, and I knitted a pair of "Blueberry waffle" socks to her in wool called STERK. It's a super soft sock yarn, and a dream to knit with.

I have also tried to knit mittens in a yarn called Fritidsgarn, it's pure wool perfect for felting. I knitted a couple in different sizes just to try this, since it's the first time I've ever made felted mittens.
They turned out soft and I just love these two colors :o)

I've been in my "knitting bubble" for a while, and I have plans for making some gorgeous mittens with these lovely skeins of yarn:
It's Alpaca yarn, and I am going to try to make a pair of mittens called "Selbu Mini" made by Lillcat design. This is the photo from her webshop, and I have permission to use it by her :o)
 She makes a lot of gorgeous patterns, and you can also find her on Ravelry. 

Wish you all a great and creative week,
Laila


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin