Friday, May 2, 2014

A little update

 I have been neglecting my blog... again... But here are some updates about what has been going on the last weeks.

During Easter Holidays I planned to do so much sewing and quilting, but we ended up spending the days outdoors cleaning up in our garden after cutting down three super large trees. We made a nice pile of wood, which is perfect for next winter :-)

The week after Easter I did finish a client quilt using a panto with daisies and loops. The quilt was in "my colors", so this one was hard to give back to the owner ;o) Anne, who made this quilt, made this as a gift for a very lucky girl!




A while back I got a question from Wenche Wolff Hatling, the owner of Northern quilts, about a helping hand to get a few quilts quilted. She just made her second fabric collection, a gorgeous fabric line called "Artic Kiss". The fabrics are just gorgeous, and I love the colors she used in it!


Wenche seemed to enjoy the quilting prosess, and I enjoyed so much to have her over!


She is finishing up the quilts to show her new line at the Quilt market. I can't remember where, but if you pop over to her blog, I bet you'll find more photos of her fabrics soon, and info about where she's headed with her quilts :o)


While Wenche finished some of her new quilts, I digged out a wallhanging from my UFO bin. I finished it a couple of years back.... It only needed a few hand stitches to attach the hanging sleeve, so it finally ended up on the wall in my kitchen corner :o)


These days a gorgeous wallhanging, made by a lady in my local quilt guild, loaded on my longarm frame. I'll share photos of it when it's finished. Some of you have already seen progress photos I've been posting on Instagram and Facebook, but I will share the finished one on my blog. 

I wish you all a great weekend, and hope it will be a creative one! Over here it's snowing again, and it's cold! Perfect weather to stay indoors and be creative :oD

Hugs,
Laila

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin