Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Out of practice...

Yesterday I finished the little secret I've been working on this month. I'm pretty satisfied with the result. 
It's my second "Winter Blooms", designed by Gail Pan. This is my favorite pattern made by her.


I made this quilt for Quiltegården a while back, and that one is still hanging in the shop so people who wants to buy the pattern can see what it looks like.


This is how "Winter Blooms" #2 turned out:




This one will be hanging on my wall, in our living room, and I can't wait to finish quilting it and do the binding!
I used some of the same fabrics like in the first one, and added some others with them.


Now...I do have a little problem... I've used all the dark brown fabric I had, in the quilt, and I also wanted to make the binding with the same one ( the one in the small border), so if anyone knows where to get it PLEASE let me know!!!
I bought the last piece Quiltegården had of it... so they're out too...


Late last night I loaded the quilt on to the longarm machine, and tried a few seams...but gave up. Too tired, so I thought I should give it a try tonight. But nah... didn't work, and I ended up unripping the seams over and over... I REALLY need to practice a lot more to get it like I want it to be. I'm a very impatient person, and hate to practice too much, and it's a downside about that, I KNOW!


These seams are not ripped out yet, but I will do that tomorrow, but it will give you an idea of how I am planning to do this.  It will look good when I just get some more practice :o) Not giving up yet!




I signed up for the "Another year of Schnibble", and I hope to finish the "Full House" quilt before the end of the month. Lots of cutting and sewing left, but hopefully I'll make it before the end of the month!!! It's a cute quilt that will look great as a wallhanging. That one will also get to decorate my living room, since there are no quilts to be seen in that area of my house :o)


I'm attending OPAM this year, too. I like the little "kick in da' butt" it gives me, to at least try to finish one project a month. 
Thanks so much to Peg and Kris for hosting it this year too!!!
And BTW!!! I won OPAM 2011's December drawing! Yay!
Got some lovely fabrics and a cute embroidery in a parcel from Kris. Thank you Kris!


Happy sewing,
Laila

12 comments:

Cattinka said...

Hi Laila,
that quilt top turned out very nice again, I hope you can find the fabric you need somewhere.
I also like the quilting you show on the small picture, I can´t understand why you are not satisfied with it.
Hugs
KATRIN W.

Rosehagen said...

Nydelig teppe;)

Den sukkersøte muffinsluen på bloggen min kommer fra Stinemor.
Nå ligger en link nederst i innlegget til bloggen hennes;)
Den er BARE så søt, jeg har laget flere!!
Lykke til;D

Ha en fin dag;)

Klem fra Ann-M.

Gail said...

LOVE!!!!

Sølvis blog said...

Nydelig quilting. hvilken brun er det du trenger? då får komme deg en tur og lete i skuffer og skap her da vet du.

Tatkis said...

Adorable wall hanging! I love those calm and cosy flowers!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Solveig Bloch said...

Gosja mei! Råååflått!

FloS said...

Winter Blooms 2 is beautiful ! I love it !!
I hope you will be please with your next try in quilting it...
Florence

Anne Lise said...

Nydelig teppe. Jeg kjøpte materialpakke i Tromsø, men har ennå ikke kommet igang. Alle mine prosjekt ble endra nå når jeg skal bli mormor....
Det brune stoffet klarer jeg ikke å se helt åssen ser ut, men klarer du å ta et nærbilde og sende meg på mail, så kan jeg sjekke. Har veldig mange mørkbrune Lecien stoffer - for det er vel det??
Lykke til med innspurten..

Satu said...

'Winter Blooms #2' is fabulous! And the quilting looks very nice to me... I hardly can't wait to see your next quilt top 'Full House'! I'll make the pillow version of it. Wishing you very creative week ;o)

Dee said...

I love the closeup of the quilting. It's just beautiful, as is the quilt!

LeKaQuilt said...

Aldeles nyyyydelig! Vakkre stoffer som vanlig og fantastisk flott quiltet !

Anita said...

Må seia eg er imponert over slike sy-egenskaper! Eg har ikkje tolmodigheten til å bli ferdig! Tusen takk for kommentar på bildene mine. Innstillingane på nordlysbildene er å bruke manuelle innstillinger eller lukkerprioritert program. (M eller S på nikonkameraene). Så må ein vektlegge lang lukkertid rundt 30 sek. Eg hadde enda lengre - opp mot 1min. Blenderen må regulerest deretter. Må berre prøve seg fram. Og så må ein bruke stativ eller kunne legge kameraet ned på eit stabilt underlag. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin