Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Did my first attempt on a tutorial

I'm attending a quilt along for the gorgeous "Mill Girls" quilt on a Yahoo group called SBS and other Elm Creek quilts. It's a quilt from Jennifer Chiaverini's "More Elm Creek Quilts" pattern book.
I think the sign up is still open, but if you have questions about it you can check up on Anne Ida's blog or ask to join the group on Yahoo.
These are the fabrics I'll use in my quilt. I think I will add some brown fabrics too, but well see.  


Since the "Mill Girls" quilt include a lot of hourglass blocks, I thought I should make a tutorial about how to make these without any clean cutting after they are pieced. Hope you'll like it and find it helpful :o)
You'll find the tutorial by clicking on the "Tutorial" tab on top of my blog.


Today I got a package in my mailbox. The coffee jar and a bumper sticker I ordered, arrived :o) I just had to put the bumper sticker on my longarm machine, I think it belong there ;o)
I ordered the jar and sticker from Lena at "Bare maa ha det".
 It's getting late, so I'll jump to bed pretty soon. Tomorrow I'll cut some more fabrics for the "Mill Girls" quilt, and maybe make a block so I can see how it will turn out with the fabrics I chose.


Happy sewing,
Laila

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin