In November last year, we where a group of ladies from our local quilt guild who met for a sew-along to work on charity quilts. I had cut a lot of pieces to make a quilt from a pattern I did see over at Mary's blog. One of the other ladies brought the same pattern, too! Her quilt was turning out so great too :o)
I managed to piece all the blocks that evening, but they've been in a box since then....
Some days ago I started to piece them together in rows, and yesterday I started working on the border. I wantet to make the border a little easier than in Mary's pattern, but I still wanted the bricks to be surrounded by the white fabrics... Some thinking later, I came up with this:
I'm pretty satisfied with the result, and I hope to get to quilt it soon, and binding it. Here is a close up on the fabrics:
These fabrics have been in my stash for so long, and I'm glad I found a project to use them in. They are all from the same fabric line except the white one, but I cannot remember the name of it...
I hope to sew some more later this weekend, but since a cold is heading my way, I will find some stitchery to work on, and make myself a big mug of Tea and stay under a blanket for the rest of this day :o)
Hope you are having a great weekend,