Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kitchen Sink update

I've been playing with the blocks for the "Kitchen Sink" quilt I started working on a while ago. I haven't been sewing so much for a long time, and it was so nice to work with this one again. I think this is one of my favorite scrap quilts ever, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result so far. Sort of what I imagined in the beginning :o) I've been looking for a brown fabric for the triangles for so long, and didn't find any I really liked. But I figured out I should give the blue one a try, and I don't regret that. I think it fits pretty well with the rest of the fabrics, and all of them are reproductions fabrics I've been collecting over the last year or so.
The photo is a bit dark, but I'll take a better one in daylight during the weekend ;o)


When I made the post on my blog about starting to make this quilt, I got an e-mail from Kari Veslum (no blog). She recognized the quilt I worked on when she read my blog post. She told me she had made this one also, and thought it was fun to find it on my blog too. She sent me a photo of her quilt, and it is gorgeous!


Don't you think Kari's quilt looks great? 
I think it is fun to hear about others who did make, or are making the same quilts as I am. We can inspire eachother, and see the different variations in colorways others did choose. I know she gave this away as a Birthday present, and that she is making one for her self too. I really hope to see that one too :o)

I've had a day off work today, and just enjoyed some time in my sewing room and a few other things I haven't got the time to do for so long. I decided to have a day off the "have-to's" too. I think I really needed that. It feels so good to be doing something for me, without feeling guilty and selfish. I usually do feel selfish when I neglect housework and doing other stuff a mom have to do every day. It just "charge my batteries" sometimes :o) We all need to do that now and then.

The kids are having a week off school next week, the Winter Holidays, and I have a week off work too. I hope to do some sewing, and doing some cozy stuff with the kids. Maybe bake some cinnamonbuns or something, and do stuff we don't have time to do when  the days are filled with school and work.
I'm looking forward to just enjoy some quality time with them :o)

Last weekend my Hubby bought me some lovely white roses (my favorite) for the Mother's day. Tried to shoot a close up, but I'm not a good photographer... But I liked this photo anyway :


Wish you all a great and creative weekend 
Laila

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your quilt Laila, you are doing a wonderful job...Kari's quilt s lovely...enjoy your week off...

Nicola said...

This looks great laila - Kjempefine!!
Which book is this pattern in?? I'd love to make one too :)
www.nicolaforemanquilts.com

Elin said...

Kjempefine blokker! Dette inspirerer meg over evne...Så morosamt med Kari sitt teppe, då!

Kim Brackett said...

I love your Kitchen Sink quilt! It's so gorgeous. And so is Kari's. You're so sweet to share it on your blog.

I agree -- sometimes you just need to put everything aside and take some time for yourself. Hope you have a wonderful week with your family!

Darcie said...

So THAT is how the Kitchen Sink quilt is assembled! How fun! No wonder you're having such a good time and cannot keep your hands away from it!

So...this is a week off from work?! I do hope that I get to *run into you* on fb for a little chat sometime soon. ;)

Enjoy your days, Laila! Love and hugs to you!

Darcie said...

I forgot to mention...the white rose photograph is beau-ti-ful! I love the shadows on the left side. And the center looks as though a light is shining through. It is beauty well captured, my dear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin