Sunday, January 16, 2011

Been sewing

I managed to finish the "Secret quilt" on Thursday, and it's off to quilting now!!! So excited to see it after it's quilted!!!. Merete Ellingsen are the one who will be doing the quilting. She is such a talented quilter, and I hope to make a quilt of my own to send her way soon :o)
Sorry I cannot show you photo's of it yet, but soon... ;0)


I've been only working on the "Secret quilt" for more than a month now, and it was a bit weird to find time to something totally new... Hard to pick one project to work on, there are too many to choose from... But I'm gonna stick to the plan about finishing something for every new project, so maybe the pile of UFO' will be a bit smaller this year. I really hope so!
I ended up cutting more fabric for the "Mocha Swirl" quilt I started working on together with Gail Pan, when we started a little sew-a-long on Facebook. She finished hers a while ago (PS! She is a speed-sewer!!!), and mine was not half way yet, but some more blocks where added today :o)
And more is in the making. This is some of the blocks so far:


I've used mostly from my Japaneese fabrics, but some are other fabrics. Some where scraps from fabrics I bought when I first started to make quilts, and some are fabrics I've bought not long ago. I love to do stashbustin, but there seems to be more stash when I'm done... At least a lot of 2,5" strips :o) This pattern is from the "Scrap Basket Surprises" book. It's a great book with lots of easy but awesome patterns. Will continue working on the "Kitchen Sink" when I'm done with this one, so I have some stuff going on... :o)

Wish you all a great new week,

9 comments:

Mona said...

Flotte blokker du har sydd. Skal bli spennende å se hvordan det blir. Ha en super uke.
Mona

Satu said...

Oh my, your Mocha Swirl will be adorable! Are you doing the blocks same size as they are in the book? I agree, Kim's book is great!

Elin said...

Kjempeflott, Laila! Eg har ikkje forstått kvifor det skulle vere hemmeleg?

Mobaat said...

Flotte blokker i nydelige farger:) Imponerende at du skal gjøre ferdig et produkt før du starter med et nytt. Jeg klarer aldri, selv om jeg prøver:)

Nicola said...

Love your Mocha Swirls quilt - I've got that book too - it's great!! Love your new blog layout too - it's very pretty.
Nicola
www.nicolaforemanquilts.com

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh..wow...your blocks are just lovely...

LeKaQuilt said...

Gleder meg masse til å se resultatet av den hemmelige quilten. Merete er kjempeflink, godt valg :o)))
Det nye prosjektet ditt med "Mocha Swirl" er virkelig nydelig. Sikkert godt å få brukt noen rester :o))
Tusen takk for hyggelig hilsen på bloggen min!
See y

Cattinka said...

These coffe swirl blocks look soooo nice, I bet it will be a beautiful quilt some day soon.
KATRIN W.

Blåbærtua said...

Dette ser spennende ut..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin