Monday, July 20, 2009

Some sewing :o)

I haven't been bloggin for a long time, the time seems to just fly...
I haven't been able to do much sewing either, so I hope to get some progress with that during the three weeks of my Summer vacation:o)
I have started on a couple of projects I promised to make for a couple of friends, and one of them is a table runner. It's a pattern the Norwegian designer AnnAKa made for one of her classes. I took her class a couple of years ago. Yesterday I got to quilt the table runner with some simple curves, and cut the pieces for the appliquéd flowers. I 'm going to continue with it today, and I will do the appliqué by machine.

I also started on a couple of new projects (again...I know...), but I just had to!!! I bought some reproduction fabrics a long time ago, and just couldn't get them out my mind. Just had to try to piece some of them into some blocks I have been wanting to try for a long time. I have no pattern to follow, it's in my head, but I used the EZ rulers I bought, a looong time ago... About time I used them, right?


I love this block, and I hope to make a lap quilt or wall quilt of them. I am thinking about quilting it by hand, but we'll see. I have been looking for a wall quilt pattern I could use for these fabrics, but I don't find "THE one"... But I'll keep looking. I really want to make one. One I can practice my hand quilting skills on :o) The other project I started, is a quilt with an easy star block. Forgot to take a pic of it, so I'll show you in a later post ;o) Hope you all are having a creative and great week,





4 comments:

Sølvis blog said...

måtte bare prøve... ja den høres kjent ut. Annakaløperen din ser fin ut. jeg starta på en muffinsduk i morrest før jobb - Siw's modell ligger i vinduet på quiltegården.

LeKaQuilt said...

Løperen er kjempe fin, i "mine" farver :o) Stjerneblokkene er nydelige - likte godt mønsteret - tror jeg har samme linjal, foreløbig ubrukt . . . .

Merete said...

Lekker løper! Og blokkene dine er bare flotte, kan bli en flott quilt ut av disse, mange muligheter for både hånd og maksinquilting av disse:-)

Darcie said...

Oooh ooh!!! I love those blocks and the fabrics that you've used, Laila! Did you use the Tri-Recs tools for the stars?

Starry hugs.... ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin